Friday, August 14, 2009

A HUGE Thank You to All!

Hey everyone! I wanted to thank everyone who was able to attend my fundraiser on August 1st, 2009. It was a great success and I had a lot of fun. We held it at Bostonville Grill in Lynnfield, MA which happens to be where my sister works. The owner, Dawn, was very gracious in letting us use one of their function rooms and made sure everything was accessible. She even wrote “Congratulation Ashley!” on the sign out front.

It was so inspiring to see all my friends and family who attended. We had 62 people come to the event! From long time friends, former and current co-workers, family, kids I used to babysit for, and more, it sure was a night to remember. We also had a 50/50 raffle which raised an additional pot of money. Everyone stuffed themselves with pizza, chicken pasta, salad, and soda. I even saw a few friends on the arcade games and they returned with huge smiles with the cool prizes they had won. I really feel blessed to know that I have so many people that support and love me. I also appreciate all those who were not able to attend who still donated. A big thank-you to all of you as well!

Autumn and I are gearing up for South Dakota! It is less than two weeks away now and the stress is starting to build up. It is the kind of stress though that excites me because I am so anxious to meet all the wonderful women who are such great role models for women with disabilities. I am preparing my speech and hope to convey my message of how important voting is for people with (and without) disabilities. With everything happening with health care reform, no matter what your opinion is, make sure it is heard! This time is so important in our lives and we must not be left out of one of the most important discussions of our time! And as always, feel free to email me with event ideas/questions/concerns at mswheelchairma09@yahoo.com. See you all soon!