Wednesday, March 14, 2012

This is my first blog entry as Ms. Wheelchair Massachusetts 2012. The excitement has not gone away and probably won't for the entire year! Today I had a photo shoot for my promotional picture. As soon as I get it I will post it here. Holding the title of Ms. wheelchair Massachusetts is an incredible experience, and it has only been a week and a half! I feel empowered to be the voice of others with disabilities and empower them. It is a win-win situation.

The day of the pageant began at 6:30 AM when I got dressed, did my hair and makeup, made three different breakfasts because I was too nervous to eat and kept changing my mind! I arrived at the Mass Hospital School at about 9:45 AM where I was greeted by past titleholders and board members of the Ms. Wheelchair Massachusetts Foundation. That day was filled with excitement, anticipation, and meeting instant friends. when there were two contestants left I literally held my breath. Winning was quite emotional for me but I was very conscious of trying not to ruin my makeup! The other contestants were so impressive and had such great outlooks on life that I sincerely hope that they remain involved.

There were so many people to thank it would take too much space on this blog. My advice to you is to go to the Ms. Wheelchair Massachusetts website mswheelchairmass.org and get to know the foundation as well as the people involved.

March 30th I will be speaking at a Partners for Youth with Disabilities meeting. Since I am a musician I am going to do a workshop that night as well with the members. I will be posting pictures of my events as I do them.