Monday, November 25, 2013

Adaptation and Access Fair

     On May 1st I got the opportunity to attend the Halifax Library Adaptive Technology Fair.  I, along with other non-profit organizations got to present different types of technology that are available to people with various disabilities.  The library asked me to help make this a family friendly event, so I read various children's books about disabilities, including the book "Susan Laughs."  The best part of the day for me, however, was the question and answer period that I held in between reading different books because it never ceases to amaze me how inquisitive about disabilities that young children can be.  A fun time was had by all and most importantly I did a lot of networking in order to be able to have people understand the mission statement of Ms. Wheelchair Massachusetts Foundation.

 Until next time, Educate, Advocate, and Empower.