Friday, November 29, 2013

Mommy and Me

     Since the day I was crowned my mother, Diane has been my number one support system in making my title holder year a success.  My mother does everything she can to make me be able to have every opportunity I can to spread my platform across the state of Massachusetts.  She is my taxi driver, my crown fitter, my makeup artist, and my occasional lecture buddy, despite the fact that I did not get my public speaking skills from my mom.  I contribute most, or if not all, of my caring and compassion genes to her. She has taught me to be a terribly strong person, even in the face of adversity.  I do not think I would be half the title holder without her.  It is for this reason that I took her out to brunch on May 12th, Mother's Day to IHop in Plymouth Mass.  It was just my way of thanking her and still letting the public know that people with disabilities have very good support systems.  In closing, I just want to send out a big "I love you, Mom"  for her love and support this year.

Until next time, Advocate, Educate, and Empower.