Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Swing Batter

     On May 4th, some friends of mine requested that I cheer on the Pembroke Youth Baseball League as Ms. Wheelchair Massachusetts.  I got to spend a nice sunny day cheering on some future Red Sox players and watch these kids play their heart out.  Some people may ask what this has to do with my platform as Ms. Wheelchair Massachusetts, but I believe  it is very important to not only support causes that enhance your platform, but it is equally important to support community causes so that the greater public can understand that individuals with disabilities have just as much a role in their communities as their able bodied counter parts.  Let's face it, who can resist little children playing sports.  As far as I am concerned that's always a good way to spend a Saturday.

Until next time, Advocate, Educate, and Empower