Sunday, December 15, 2013

Sparky and Me

     On May 13th, I did yet another disability safety awareness training with the members of the East Bridgewater Fire Department. This is a topic that I am extremely passionate about because knowing that my family members are first responders, EMTs and firefighters, I kinow that until I had a disability, they didn't necessarily realize the extra safety concerns that went along with the rescue of a person with a disability. One of my cousins runs a training school for first responders, EMTs and firefighters.  I got to use some of the knowledge that he teaches to his students with these firefighters as a refresher that the needs of their communities are ever changing.  This day would not be complete unless I had a photo opportunity with fire safety mascot, Sparky. Until next time, Advocate, Educate, and Empower.