Friday, March 28, 2014

Happy Birthday ADA

On July 26th I had the honor of manning an event at ADA celebration at Boston City Hall.  Not only was this a great meeting of people with disabilities, it was a time to honor the history that we have been through as individuals with disabilities.  The highlight of the day was being able to meet with the mayor as he attended the event.  It is humbling to me that many people say that I have played a role in disability history because of my title.  I believe that I am one of many who champion for disability rights.  However, it is great to be in such good company.  The downfall of the day, however, was the windy nasty Boston rain.  We figured that mother nature would realize how important the ADA is in all of our lives, but I guess not.

Until next time,
"Advocate, Educate, Empower".