Friday, March 28, 2014

Visions Conference

On March 7th, I had the chance to attend the Federation For Children with Special Needs Annual Visions Conference in Boston, MA. I played my own role in this. I got to speak on a panel of young adults about what it means to transition from high school to college, from college to life. I for one can tell you that these transitions are not easy. They take a lot of strategic planning. I am thrilled to be able to pass my experience on to others. I feel as though people can learn from your experience, in order to not make the same mistakes. Even as MWMA, I am far from perfect. I may get through college by trial and error and I think that is one of the biggest lessons that I could impart to the parents attending the conference. It would not be a complete conference if I did not have my mom come and speak with me. The reason that I do this is because I think she has parental ideas that I could never understand, but luckily, I turned out well, at least I think I did. So, she must have done something right. I want to thank Michael Yudin for moderating our panel and Mary Castro Summers for having me. They are both fantastic people. Until next time, Advocate, Educate and Empower.