Friday, March 28, 2014

Mom Strikes AGAIN!

On September 22nd I got to attend family day put on by Family Ties of Massachusetts.  We had an extremely fun day.  We got to dance, we had a scavenger hunt, and we did a walk to raise money.. I met some really good people who are fantastic family support for their family members with disabilities.  It was at this time that I thought it most important to share the spotlight with my mom as she has done a great job in keeping me positive as I grew up.  I can tell you my experience as a child with a disability but what I cannot do is speak speak from a parent's perspective and those words are priceless.  I am extremely grateful to my mom who has a fear of public speaking, who was willing to take one for the team and share her pearls of wisdom.

Until next time,
"Advocate, Educate, Empower".