Friday, March 28, 2014

Yall its MWA!

This was the week that I was waiting and preparing for.  Ms. Wheelchair America was here, the pressure was on and it was time to do my state proud.  To say I was nervous was an understatement.  I was competing against the best of the best for a title I really wanted.  The truth of the matter is I may not have come home with the crown, I might have been second runner up but I got some of the greatest gifts that I will ever receive in my life.  First and foremost, I got the hospitality of Texas from the minute I set my wheels on the ground.  I got to see my best friend of seven years, and she was one of my companions for this journey which was priceless.  I made incredible friendships that will never be broken, including my sisterhood with Ms. Wheelchair Illinois, which I would not trade for the world.  I love the girls that I met and each of them are an important part of my journey.  I went into MWA thinking that I was going to bring it home for Beantown, but even though I did not I gave them the best of who I was that entire week.  I will never forget the memories made, the people who touched me, and the scariness of the onstage questions.  All in all a great success.  

Until next time,
"Advocate, Educate, Empower".