Friday, March 28, 2014

Barbie is my date

 When you  come back from Ms. Wheelchair America you make everlasting bonds that you never thought you would and I was a lucky enough woman to do so.  There is a woman involved with the Ms. Wheelchair Texas Foundation who literally changed my views on what it means to be a woman with a disability.  She was always that friendly smile before judging to take the edge off and was there for a good laugh on theme night.  This woman for me is Barbie.  I am blessed enough to have had the opportunity to spend the day with her and her sister as she came up to visit her in Plymouth.  We ate some really good seafood, but more importantly we bonded over what MWA means to the both of us.  I would not trade this day for the world.

Until next time,
"Advocate, Educate, Empower"