Friday, March 28, 2014

My Old Classroom....

It's really funny how Ms.Whelchair Massachusetts makes you come full circle in your own life.  On July 11th I spoke to the summer CCD classes of St. Thecla's Parish Pembroke Mass.  I have always chosen to do events that have significant meaning in my life.  This one is no different.  I taught CCD there for twelve years in a row so I grew up with a lot of these kids and how the parish itself structured its education.  This was my perfect opportunity to mix religion and advocacy to teach these kids about my relationship with God and what that means for my my disability.  As many of you k now I come from a religious family, so spiritually towards ,my disability has always played an important part in my identity as a disabled woman so it is important to show the next generation how much religion can impact your attitude towards struggles in life.

Until next time,
"Advocate, Educate, Empower".