Friday, March 28, 2014

Is This Thing On...

I had the opportunity on August 20th to co-host a radio segment about Ms. Wheelchair Mass. on WBSM radio in Fairhaven.  I never thought I would actually be on the radio.  I do not especially like my voice on tape, but I will do anything for advocacy.  I got to explain how I got involved with Ms. Wheelchair Massachusetts, what the organization means to me and what my platform is meant to do for the thousands with disabilities.  One segment that meant a lot was explaining how I gained my personal strength, and as many of you know this was through my grandfather who had a disability as well.  I am really pleased with myself that I got through this without ruining my mascara, but at least it was not on TV instead.

Until next time,
"Advocate, Educate, Empower".