Sunday, December 15, 2013

In Desperate Need of Tip Wheels

     The next stop on my playground trail honestly disappointed me. This was at the Rockland Memorial Park Playground. I visited there on June 5th and there were so many adaptations I would like to see be made. First and foremost, as a safety issue, I would like to see the town eliminate the course sand that they used in the playground because it is incredibly hazardous for both manual and power wheelchairs  to get around. I know that even as an adult trying to push my way around this playground was a chore because, even though I had my tip wheels down, there were so many times that my chair itself felt as though it was going to sink into the sand.  I believe that if a child was here with his or her friends, they would run the risk of falling easily and that is not acceptable with me. Hopefully, I can use my position to start to get this situation re-adapted. Until next time, Advocate, Educate, and Empower.