Sunday, December 15, 2013

The Playground Train Stops Again..

     It is interesting how you make connections doing the smallest things.  During my investigation of the Pembroke Community Playground, I got to meet with a mom of a special needs little girl named, Madison. We shared stories, advice, and the building blocks to life that can make C.P. very successful.  To me it is interesting how my tiara draws a crowd sometime. But hearing other people's stories humbled me so much in knowing that I need to be a great educator, leader, advocate and all around role model for the next generation of girls that have disabilities. I think in this day and age, people are a lot more judgemental because they do not understand things. But at the end of the day, all it takes is a little bit of compassion, a sprinkle of a common bond, and open ear to vent to. That being said, it is very nice to see that the Cerebral Palsy community is a live one and is willing to pass on their wisdom and knowledge to the next generation because, let's face it, as strong women, we want to see the bullying stop and they want to make the world a better place. Until next time, Advocate, Educate, and Empower